Legends XV Vs. Colmcilles XV
Great Craic was had by all when the Legends XV played St. Colmcilles XV this evening. Many GAA All stars turned up for what was a great evening’s entertainment. Some of the players included:
- The mayor of Drogheda, Richie Culhane,
- Darragh Ó Sé – Kerry footballer and six time all Ireland champion,
- Graham Geraghty – Winner of 2 All Ireland titles for Meath in 1996 and ’99,
- Michael Duignan – who won 2 All Ireland hurling medals for his home county, Offaly.
- Peter Canavan – AKA Peter the Great, winner of 2 All Ireland medals & 6 All Star awards,
- Nigel Crawford, Winner of 1 All Ireland & 3 Leinster titles for Meath, including captaining them to their win over Louth in the 2010 Leinster Final.
- John Mullane,Waterford Hurler & Legend in his own right is a 4 time Munster Hurling Champion. He also has 5 All Stars and a National Hurling League Title to his name.
- Ross Carr, Double All Ireland winner for County Down,
- Seamus Moynihan, Winner of 4 All Ireland titles for County Kerry,
- Robbie O’Malley, who played for St. Colmcilles, as well as Meath during the 80’s & 90’s and has 2 All Ireland medals & 3 All stars to his name,
- Bernard Flynn, who has 2 All Irelands and 5 All Star Awards for Meath and was also a Cilles man.
There is also one (or two) of Bernard Flynn with local lad, Noel “Take another picture of me!” Lannon (who is wearing Bernard’s original 1987 All-Ireland winning jersey!)
Michael Duignan played in goal and also managed to commentate too! Meanwhile John Mullane (who also played in goal for a penalty kick tournament) played a blinder, as did Peter “The Great” Canavan. However, the true class of all the Meath players (both from the Cilles and The Legends) shone through in the end…& as a Meath man, I am not being one bit biased!!!