Tag Archives: GAA
Legends XV Vs. Colmcilles XV
Great Craic was had by all when the Legends XV played St. Colmcilles XV this evening. Many GAA All stars turned up for what was a great evening’s entertainment. Some of the players included:
- The mayor of Drogheda, Richie Culhane,
- Darragh Ó Sé – Kerry footballer and six time all Ireland champion,
- Graham Geraghty – Winner of 2 All Ireland titles for Meath in 1996 and ’99,
- Michael Duignan – who won 2 All Ireland hurling medals for his home county, Offaly.
- Peter Canavan – AKA Peter the Great, winner of 2 All Ireland medals & 6 All Star awards,
- Nigel Crawford, Winner of 1 All Ireland & 3 Leinster titles for Meath, including captaining them to their win over Louth in the 2010 Leinster Final.
- John Mullane,Waterford Hurler & Legend in his own right is a 4 time Munster Hurling Champion. He also has 5 All Stars and a National Hurling League Title to his name.
- Ross Carr, Double All Ireland winner for County Down,
- Seamus Moynihan, Winner of 4 All Ireland titles for County Kerry,
- Robbie O’Malley, who played for St. Colmcilles, as well as Meath during the 80’s & 90’s and has 2 All Ireland medals & 3 All stars to his name,
- Bernard Flynn, who has 2 All Irelands and 5 All Star Awards for Meath and was also a Cilles man.
There is also one (or two) of Bernard Flynn with local lad, Noel “Take another picture of me!” Lannon (who is wearing Bernard’s original 1987 All-Ireland winning jersey!)
Michael Duignan played in goal and also managed to commentate too! Meanwhile John Mullane (who also played in goal for a penalty kick tournament) played a blinder, as did Peter “The Great” Canavan. However, the true class of all the Meath players (both from the Cilles and The Legends) shone through in the end…& as a Meath man, I am not being one bit biased!!!
Training with the Meath GAA Team
Students from An Gaelscoil an Bhradáin Feasa
Students got a treat that not many children get. They were trained by the Meath Gaelic Football team.